Would you like to...
- Learn to run?
- Lose weight and feel great?
- Get out and enjoy the outdoors?
- Run farther or faster?
- Run a mile, 5K, 10K, half marathon, or marathon?
- Improve your running form?
- Reduce your stress?
- Get better sleep?
Three key questions:
- Can I run?
Unless your doctor has a good reason why you shouldn't, yes, you can run!
- Why should I run?
Running improves your aerobic fitness, increases your endurance, and is a lot of fun! (Really, it is!)
Plus, compared to other types of exercise, it's the fastest and most efficient way to burn calories, which means you almost can't help but lose weight.
- Why should I run with you?
I am an RRCA Certified Distance Running Coach.
More importantly, as a former couch potato, I've "been there." I know what it's like, mentally and physically, to take on something that seems impossible. And I am eager to guide you to break through your self-imposed limits, and experience running success!
I specialize in coaching people who want to lose weight, develop and improve running form, increase distance or speed, and take on new running challenges.
Let's run together!
My name is Rik Akey, and I want to be your running coach.
Prior to finding running, I was a 275-pound couch potato who couldn't bend over and tie his own shoe (let alone climb a flight of stairs) without getting out of breath. Desperately wanting to improve my health and lose about 100 pounds, I started running.
I've been an avid runner since 2009. Since that time, I've run many 5Ks, 10Ks, half and full marathons, as well as long-distance relay races. And that 100 extra pounds? History! (Read more about my story.)
These days, I enjoy running for good health and fun, and feel confident I will run healthy for a very long time to come. Running changed my life. And, it can change yours, too.
I would love to help you discover the benefits and love for the sport of running: find a sense of personal achievement, make new friends, and improve your health. As your coach, I will support and challenge you to set and achieve your running and fitness goals. I have had success coaching men and women of all fitness levels.
As your running coach, I can provide you with:
- Advice on how to start running
- Coaching, support, and motivation (via phone, email, text, or in person meeting)
- Professional advice, guidance, and accountability
- Information on proper running shoes, clothing, and equipment
- Help with setting and following through on smart and attainable goals
- Mental coaching to make the connection between what you want and how you can achieve it
- Personalized program design for any distance from one mile to the marathon (26.2 miles)
- General injury prevention tips
- Strength and conditioning (specific to running)
Whatever your running goals, I am ready to coach you!
Take the first step and contact me for a FREE consultation today.